How to add Google Tag Manager to the Checkout page in Shopify?
Install Google Tag Manager to get the code snippets that you will need to copy and paste into your Shopify store. You can add GTM to the checkout page only if you have a Shopify Plus plan. To add Google Tag Manager to your Shopify follows these steps:
1. Go to your Google Tag Manager account and set it up. Installing GTM, then use the installation steps provided by Google Tag Manager. Pause at the step where you are given two code snippets to add to your web pages, and then follow the instructions below.
2. If you have already installed GTM, then you can find these code snippets in your Google Tag Manager by clicking Admin, and then clicking Install Google Tag Manager.
3. In your Shopify admin, click Online store > Themes.
4. In the theme drop-down, click Action > Edit Code.
5. Copy the first code snippet from Google Tag Manager.
6. In your Shopify admin, open your
theme.liquid file and paste the code snippet.
8. Open your
checkout.liquid file and paste the code snippet.
9. Copy the second code snippet from the Google Tag Manager into the tags of your
10. In your Shopify admin, open the
theme.liquid, and paste the code snippet.
11. Open the
checkout.liquid page and paste the code snippet.
12. Click Save to save your changes.
If you get any trouble while adding GTM, please leave your queries in the comment box. I am always eager to help you.